Orchard Content Permissions and Custom Roles

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jun 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM
We are defining our own roles within orchard, those roles define permissions to content, pages, menus etc..

Orchard Content Permissions should be the perfect module to use to restrict access to such components but it doesn't seem to allow selection of my custom roles. (it doesn't even display them)

I tried restarting the web server but still doesn't display my custom roles as options when I enable "Enable Content Item access control" on content items.

Using 1.8, is this a bug?
Jun 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM
I seem to have this working now.

First enable the Content Permissoins,
Add Content Permissions to the page definition.
Once added to the page definition, the part in the page definition allows more configuration. So be sure to open it up and configure it as needed.
Go to user roles and ensure that the user role you want to change content permissions has no view for a page. This means you may need to modify either Authenticated or Anonymous depending on your requirements, where these appear to be special base roles to other roles. Unchecked view "view all content" because this gives effective permission to view page.
Check your role does not have "effective" permissions to view pages.
Once this is complete you can then modify single pages for content permissions.

There is no way to exclude a single page from visibility, only grant visibility.