Create photo albums with photo descriptions.

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
May 25, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Edited May 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I am just starting to learn Orchard and am very impressed. I hope that somebody could help point me in the right direction.

I would like to create a content type that list pictures and then for each picture a block of text. In other words a photo album where each photo has its own description or instructions. I want users to be able to add an as many picture and text combination pairs as they want to create a single content item. The important part is that I want pictures and descriptions to be paired together but also contained within one content item.

Is something like this possible or would I need to do some coding? If I need to code something is there anything that I could use as a starting point that might be similar.
May 26, 2014 at 8:53 AM
You could create a custom type and attach the Body part and Image field.
May 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Sorry I don’t see how to get it too work.

A body part does let me add a block of text that can contain more than one image but I still don’t see how I can have multiple image and image description pairs. The text block or body is too open ended for my purposes. I want users to add a picture and then describe that picture by entering text into a field. The list of added Images and Image descriptions would form the content. Eventually the content could be formatted so that the images and descriptions would be in a table style format so that column a would be an image and column b would be an image description. You might want to think of it has a product catalog with images except that products in a catalog are all independent of each other. In my case I want to have the article (content type) always include all image and image descriptions that the user added to begin with.

I have tried to work with an image field. I can use “Allow multiple content items” but then I just have a list of pictures and I don’t see a way of adding specific text to each picture.

May 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I mean define a custom type with a body part and an image picker field that allows only one image. Then you can use that content type to display the image and its body part (not including the images in the body part)
May 29, 2014 at 5:39 AM

After I create the content type as described and add pictures and body text I will end up with a bunch of content Items, each one having only one picture and body of text. I want to be able to have pages on the website that contain N number of pictures with N number of body parts. For example a “Italy Travel log” web page could contain 30 pictures. How do I aggregate these content items together in a single page? To have different web pages for each photo album would I need to create a Content Item Called “Italy Travel Log” and then another for Greece and New York, and ….?

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:50 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM

I found Amba.ImagePowerTools by By Alexey V. Ryazhskikh which lets you select multiple images and lets you define custom property fields for each image. Nice Module.

-

-

Marked as answer by praktit on 8/20/2014 at 9:53 PM