Bring dnn modules into Orchard?

Topics: Administration
May 19, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I am trying to figure out if it is possible to import most downloaded or developed dnn modules into Orchard in some way? If so, could some of you point me in the right direction for this? Is it pretty straight forward? Want to give client with existing dnn cms setup some logic to move to Orchard. Any pointers there would be helpful as well.

Thanks much.
May 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM
AFAIK there is no way to do it out of the box. Although, you can search how to add an mvc app as an orchard module.
Developer
May 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I don't know anything about DNN modules but generally building up an environment inside Orchard so a plugin to a different system "feels" like being at home requires orders of magnitude more effort than just re-writing the functionality in Orchard, the Orchard-y way.

We joked with creating such an environment for Wordpress plugins. Even though Wordpress runs on PHP, it is entirely possible to build a WP "virtual machine" inside Orchard (we've already created a scripting environment for PHP already as an experiment: https://orchardscriptingphp.codeplex.com/), but would require immense work.