Unable to disable modules

Topics: Troubleshooting
May 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I hope someone can assist with this - I've searched the discussion forum and can't seem to find any suggestions!

I have two Orchard installs - on one of them the option to enable and disable modules is displayed, but on the other it's not available!

Both installations are pretty much the same and logged in with administrator privileges on them both.

I created another account with administrator privileges to see if it made any difference, but no joy.

I hope someone can advise what may be the issue here. Thanks.
May 15, 2014 at 2:22 PM
What are the symptoms? Does this happen after you recycle the app pool? Are your running Orchard on multiple servers or a single server?
May 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Hi - thanks for your reply. It's on a single server but, for some strange reason, it seems to have resolved itself! The enable/disable options are now visible again. It is strange because I wanted to disable the module 'Shape Tracing' as the Orchard admin was running very slowly and we found that disabling that module solved the slowness problem. However, now that the enable/disable options are visible again, it transpires that Shape Tracing is disabled and admin is running at a normal speed again in any case. It's rather strange!