Custom workflow activity for when EmailStatus changes to Approved

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
May 1, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I am looking for a way to add additional steps when registering a new user. That is to say, when a user creates their account, and after they have confirmed their email, I want it to redirect the user to a page where they associate their account with a specific Team on the site (or really any page I want where I can prompt further account setup questions). Now I have all my custom logic for these teams setup, and I can write the part about picking a team to join, but I'm not sure how to get the redirect to work.

My first thought was using Workflows, and there is an event I can monitor for when a User object is created, but I only want this event to happen when the user account is Updated, and only when the EmailStatus has been changed to Approved.

Is this something I can hook into with the right setup or would I need to add a custom activity for use in the workflow for this? I've looked at a few posts online, David Hayden's blog seems to talk about custom workflow activities, but none of it shows you HOW he did it or where to go for details on doing it yourself.

Is this something that would need a custom workflow activity, and if so where I can I find information on creating a custom workflow for this. And if not, how do I achieve it using the existing activities in the workflow module?