Menu.cshtml not getting rendered anymore? (Orchard 1.8)

Topics: Troubleshooting
Apr 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to update my installation to 1.8. However, I'm experiencing a weird problem.

After adding my theme to the installation again, the menu is not getting rendered anymore. I placed some break point within the Menu.cshtml which are not getting hit.

Did Orchard change something within it's zone or render structure or something? Did the template name change maybe?

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM
What version are you upgrading from? As far as I know, they haven't changed the menu shape names since at least v1.6.

If you go to the Widgets page, are you still seeing the Menu widget placed on the Default layer in the Navigation zone? If not, you can just add one back if it somehow got removed.
Apr 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM
I'm trying to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.8.

I still have the navigation zone with two different menu's assigned (one for anon, one for logged in users). However, in the past both were rendered trough the Menu.cshtml.

Do I have to create alternates based on the menu name? Like mentioned here?

I'm a little confused as this was not necessary within 1.7.1
Apr 27, 2014 at 4:16 PM
heya :)

I figured that it's not the menu itself (thanks for your hint psenechal!) but the layers instead. The anon and auth layer are not getting hit, no matter what. Therefore the menu is not displayed.

I need to figure out why the layers are not getting hit properly.
Apr 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM
fixed :)

But now I've another question. I've done all steps within the dashboard to "migrate", but the points are just not disappearing. Any idea?
Apr 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM