Versioning

Topics: Core
Apr 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I know that Orchard supports versioning. But I see nothing in the Dashboard UI to actually manage versions. I tried installing the Version Manager module. But it broke the Content Picker Search.

Am I missing something here?
Developer
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM
You're not missing anything. Unfortunately currently there is no UI for getting the versions apart from using Version Manager.
Developer
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I do wonder if that should be in 1.9

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Don't wonder anymore, just implement the audit trail module.
Developer
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
OWIN first.

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Actually, this seems to work: Rijkshuisstijl.VersionManager.

Although, it seems it bogs things down a bit. Everything's been a bit slower ever since I installed the module. The only other issue is inside the version manager page there's a link for description. It gets a 404. I assume it's meant to be a place to put a description of that particular version.

I'm going to keep using this for now to see if it'll work out for me.

Thanks for the responses.

edit: Oh and the "recycle bin" tab it adds to the content page NEVER comes back for me.
Jun 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Without being able to re-create past versions of documents at will, Orchard will never really be accepted into large organizations. We are in a quasi-state agency, and we have auditors who require we be able to reproduce past versions of pages.

Without an ability to re-create a version of a page from say, 2 years ago, we cannot use Orchard, as we can't meet audit requirements.
Developer
Jun 12, 2014 at 6:16 AM
@silverfox: accessing and restoring previous versions is possible (there are two modules on the Gallery, called somewhat like "version manager"), just not OOTDB at the moment. But if you take a look at the source you'll see that there actually is work going on to add full audit trail capabilities.
Jun 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I think Owin,4.5.2, and fixing the NH problem should have higher priorities