Difficulties in installing/implementing Designer Tools Module

Topics: General
Apr 13, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Hi All

I am a newbie. I had long been trying to understand the designer tools module but without an y success. I had left it as too heavy a stone for me to lift and intended to do what I can ONLY with css3, html5 & jQuery. But after reading a doc today about the paramount importance of the concept of shapes in orchard, i have again been lured into a re-venture. When i tried to install, following was the result. I do not know the pin-point location for taking some action. Kindly help me. i am A TOTAL NEWBIE -- - -

The assembly reference 'ClaySharp' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.DesignerTools'.

There are generally a few ways to solve this issue:
  1. Install any dependent module.
  2. Remove the assembly reference from the project file if it's not needed.
  3. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the module.
  4. Ensure the assembly reference is present in the 'bin' directory of the application.
  5. Specify the strong name of the assembly (name, version, culture, publickey) if the assembly is present in the GAC.
Thank you in anticipation,

Total Newbie
Apr 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM
You don't need to install the Designer Tools module, as far as I know. It comes with the core Orchard installation. All you need is to enable it in modules section in admin dashboard.

This is true if you are on a recent Orchard version. It changed with Orchard version 1.7 I guess. The module in the gallery is obsolete.

Apr 14, 2014 at 4:30 AM
Thank you!

The features were already enabled. BUT I could not trace now as before in past "the icon below in the lower right corner of your browser window" to see the tools' configuration.

I need further help.

The Newbie
Apr 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM
When you enable Shape Tracing, a grey bar is displayed at the bottom of the page. At the right end of the bar, there is a button to show the shape tracing pane. Sometimes it takes seconds to execute scripts and show the bar. Sometimes it needs a page refresh. If you don't see the bar at all after waiting and refreshing, then shape tracing migth be not properly enabled, or there night be a confilict btw jquery scripts loaded to the page.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Thank you so much,

I disabled the features and enabled again BUT all the time, the same following error displayed:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ObjectDisposedException: Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ObjectDisposedException: Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.]
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.CheckNotDisposed() in c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Lifetime\LifetimeScope.cs:327
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.BeginLifetimeScope(Object tag) in c:\Projects\OSS\autofac\Core\Source\Autofac\Core\Lifetime\LifetimeScope.cs:120
Orchard.Environment.WorkContextAccessor.CreateWorkContextScope(HttpContextBase httpContext) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextAccessor.cs:42
Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:146
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +445
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +157

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009
Apr 14, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Try restarting IIS (Express) or application pool.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Thank you very much for your continuous help!

I restarted the website. I do not know how to restart the IIS (Express). In the meantime, suddenly, I have been stopped to log on as administrator of the website. The Dashboard tab has been replaced by the Sign-in Tab that is not taking my admin password. Below is given the Error Details:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The required anti-forgery cookie "__RequestVerificationToken" is not present.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Mvc.HttpAntiForgeryException: The required anti-forgery cookie "__RequestVerificationToken" is not present.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpAntiForgeryException (0x80004005): The required anti-forgery cookie "__RequestVerificationToken" is not present.]
System.Web.Helpers.AntiXsrf.TokenValidator.ValidateTokens(HttpContextBase httpContext, IIdentity identity, AntiForgeryToken sessionToken, AntiForgeryToken fieldToken) +459
System.Web.Helpers.AntiXsrf.AntiForgeryWorker.Validate(HttpContextBase httpContext) +71
System.Web.Helpers.AntiForgery.Validate() +92
System.Web.Mvc.ValidateAntiForgeryTokenAttribute.OnAuthorization(AuthorizationContext filterContext) +18
Orchard.Mvc.AntiForgery.AntiForgeryAuthorizationFilter.OnAuthorization(AuthorizationContext filterContext) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\AntiForgery\AntiForgeryAuthorizationFilter.cs:36
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAuthorizationFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor) +97
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__19(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState) +743
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult
1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) +14
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) +128
System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.BeginInvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +343
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1c(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +25
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid
1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) +30
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) +128
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.BeginExecuteCore(AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +465
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__14(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object callbackState, Controller controller) +18
1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) +20
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.BeginExecute(RequestContext requestContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +374
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.BeginExecute(RequestContext requestContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +16
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4(AsyncCallback asyncCallback, Object asyncState, ProcessRequestState innerState) +52
1.CallBeginDelegate(AsyncCallback callback, Object callbackState) +30
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.Begin(AsyncCallback callback, Object state, Int32 timeout) +128
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +384
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +48
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +16
Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) in c:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:152
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +445
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +157

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009