No "Upgrade to 1.8" shown

Topics: Installing Orchard
Apr 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I have 1.7.2 installed and I enabled the Upgrade module. (Mine only says "Upgrade")

On my nav on the left, it says "Upgrade to 1.7". I tried those steps, some were successful, others not so much (I got a warning telling me to check the log).

I am logged in as the admin account that is a super user, is there some other module I need to install to get the 1.8 upgrade?

Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
The upgrade process is to use the latest binaries before trying to use the upgrade module. Did you follow the release notes ?
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:46 PM
I read this page: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Orchard-1-8-Release-Notes

It says to upgrade from 1.7.2 to 1.8 that you need to enable the Upgrade module and click on that link.

I've never done an upgrade before, and nothing I read above that said anything about the new binaries. I was assuming off of the notes that the upgrade module would get what I needed and upgrade.

If I understand your reply, I need to get the 1.8 version, replace the current directory where I have my site with this new version, then load the site and turn on Upgrade. Then I'll see the new Upgrade to 1.8, correct?

Thanks for the reply!

Bill
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Marked as answer by wehnertb on 5/9/2014 at 6:22 AM