TinyMCE mangling <object> html markup

Topics: General
Mar 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Hi everyone,
I can embed a Silverlight object perfectly well into my Orchard site by creating an HTML Widget and planting it in an afterContent zone using hand-written HTML markup: no problems; deep zoom, animated slideshows, perfect. A problem arises, however, when I try to include the necessary fall-back HTML which, as you will all know, is a vital ingredient in a website containing Silverlight intended for the open internet. In particular, the fall-back HTML for visitors whose browser Silverlight supports but who haven't installed the Silverlight plug-in yet is included as a child of the object tag. TinyMCE in Orchard mangles this markup by moving it out of the object tag to become a sibling, and even creates a new object tag following it, resulting in a completely unacceptable page rendering.

I've been through the archives of this list and found a similar question posed by User: seeker on Feb 10 2011, but nothing more recent. Does TinyMCE have a legitimate reason for behaving in this way (security?) or is this a long-standing bug? Is there any way of getting around it, or is it Game Over as far as Silverlight goes? In seeker's erudite words, is there a "just leave my markup the heck alone" setting, or some other way to insert (and persist) the required HTML?