orchard 1.8

Topics: Administration
Mar 5, 2014 at 9:24 PM
I am waiting for 1.8 to be released, it is fifth of march. Is the release date postponed?
Developer
Mar 8, 2014 at 2:11 AM
The release schedule for Orchard currently is somewhat liberal to say at least. But since it's open source you can track the progress in source control directly and you could also use the pre-release version (what many actually do): this latter one is a bit risky (there is no guarantee that there won't be breaking changes until the release) but if you don't need what it's missing (e.g. the open bugs for 1.7.x or 1.x) then you can very well give it a try.
Mar 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Thak you for your answer, I am very appreciated, but the thing is I am new to some kind of things and I just could't find the pre-release version.
Developer
Mar 8, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Oh, OK. You can take a look under Source code here what happens right now with the development. There are three notable branches: master (this contains only released versions, so the last commit here is 1.7.2), 1.7.x (this branch contains only bugfixes and very safe patches on top of 1.7.2, but no important or breaking changes) and 1.x (this contains what will be 1.8, what contains breaking changes too).