CustomForms - cannot edit / view submissions

Topics: General
Mar 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Hi folks - we have a 1.7.2 implementation using out-of-the-box CustomForms to provide a "Contact Us" page. Unfortunately we cannot view or edit these submissions - even though I can see them in the DB, they won't load in the admin page (Edit) or display on the site (View).

I've tracked the problem down to the DefaultContentManager.Get() method. On line 160, the call to GetManyImplementation() returns a single contentItemVersionRecords item, with the single item we are trying to retrieve (as the "ContentItemRecord" property). Hooray. The "versionRecord" (line 191) is now set to our custom form submission. All should be well.

But not so fast - the call to session.RecallVersionRecordId fails (line 211), because DefaultContentManagerSession doesn't have this item available in it's _itemByVersionRecordId dictionary. So a NEW content item of type "ContactForm" is retrieved and the orginal saved submission is never seen.

Hmm. Not sure what to do, as this is Orchard internals and I don't want to muck with such low-level / generic code. Any thoughts?

Oh - and everything is set up properly with the custom form content type, indeed the items are populating in the DB (Orchard_Framework_ContentItem table). The only idea I have is maybe it's a caching problem.

Thanks.

Kurt
Mar 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM
have u tried 1.x (or 1.8)
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM
No, because this is a production system and I don't believe this is ultimately a bug in Orchard - too many people would have experienced it by now.
Mar 4, 2014 at 3:52 AM
iin my memory, thhis was fixeed iin early 1.x
Mar 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Hi,

waiting for a new stable version, you can solve your problem with this fix.
Mar 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Thanks for the help everybody! I also was put onto this issue / fix by Benedek at Lombiq:

https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/20318

Kurt
Mar 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Hi Kurt,

I am having this same issue with OOB Orchard 1.7.2. I see the data in the Orchard_Framework_ContentItem table but can't view/edit or export the data. In my case it's an email input field.

Did this solve your issue?

Matt
Mar 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Hi Matt - sorry, don't know what "OOB" refers to, but we were able to fix our problem using the resources in the posts above. Benedek at Lombiq also provided me with a one-time use controller that modified all of the 'contact us' form items to allow them to be "managed" in the admin area. I can share this if you need it. Good luck.
Mar 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Hey Kurt,

Sorry, I meant OOB to mean Out of Box. I would love to take a look at the customized controller. Thanks!