Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Feb 6, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM
I am trying to add a partial view to a standard MVC (not Orchard -y) module using DotNet.Highcharts. I have installed the Highcharts package to both the module and to the Orchard solution. I have added the necessary references and yet when the partial view is inserted into the View the call to Highcharts is undefined.
<div id='chart_container'></div> <script type='text/javascript'>
Highcharts.setOptions({ colors: ['#DDDF0D', '#7798BF', '#55BF3B', '#DF5353', '#DDDF0D', '#AAEEEE', '#FF0066', '#EEAAEE'] });

I am using the pjs.bootstrap theme. On my regular MVC project I was able to add the references:
<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.8.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>
<script src="~/Scripts/Highcharts-3.0.1/js/highcharts.js" type="text/javascript">      </script>
to the _Layout.cshtml file and everything works fine. But in my Orchard module this file is apparently not called.

I am using the 1.x branch downloaded on Jan 26. as that was the only way I could get full intellisense in VS 2013

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Feb 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM
You can use a resource manifest to be able to "Script.Require" the js file in you views.

See to find out how to declare the manifest.

See to find out how to use Script.Require with it.

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I now have a ResourceManifest

public void BuildManifests(ResourceManifestBuilder builder)
        var manifest = builder.Add();

and in my view

but Highcharts still is undefined at runtime.

I tried to use .Type to set the type="text/javascript" portion but with or without it does not work .

Am I doing properly?

Thank you again in advance
Feb 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM
I think I found the problem. It seems that Orchard was not searching into the Scripts/Highcharts folder to sear for the script.

Thanks for the help.