Recommendation for organizing content by region and language

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Localization
Editor
Feb 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I have a requirement to present a user with content based on a region (compliance) and language. So for example, someone would select their geographic location and possibly an alternate language as well. How would people recommend doing this?

I was thinking I would setup a new tenant for each region and route requests either by region.sitename.com or www.sitename.com/region. Then I can support different cultures in regions using Localization as normal.

Any other ideas?
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Maybe a taxonomy, and use projections/widgets to place content based on the current user region.
Or you just prefix all the contents of a specific region in the slug. You can even automate it with autoroute and taxonomies.

Tenants can have its advantages too.
Editor
Feb 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Yea good point. I was thinking that too. I think if the number of regions got to be more than a few maintenance of the site could get crazy. I am leaning towards multi-tenant. Keep content separate, re-use the theme across all, and then localize inside each tenant.

The only other thing I was thinking was something like the Localization part, copy most of all the code and call it region. Then you can have it all in one.

Thanks for the response!