Page Missing in Manage Content

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I've seen this issue a few times on a couple of different instances, but I can't figure out what's causing it and searching hasn't offered a solution. I've cloned a page but it's not showing up when I select 'Content' in the admin area. If I hack the URL I can find the new content, so I know it exists, but it doesn't show in Recent Content picker when I try and update a navigation item to point to it. Does anybody know why/how this content got like this or have any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks.
Developer
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM
What content type is the item of? It may be that it's not creatable. Thus you are able to clone it (it can have the UI for this) but it won't show up in the Content list.
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:10 AM
The content type was Page and it is creatable, but I have seen the same thing happen when just creating a new page. In fact, I just create a new page from scratch and that doesn't show up either. :/
Developer
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
And can you reproduce this on a fresh install? Also, which Orchard version are you using?
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Not immediately, but I have this issue on two different installs. I'm currently using 1.7.2. I don't know what's happening, but at some point in time, new content is no longer showing up.
Developer
Jan 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM
This sounds like a bug... I'm not aware of any similar ones. Please try to find a repro and open a bug report.
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Hello

I have the same Problem, I create new pages , and clones, but they don't appear in content Manager ?

I have the search Module install and can search for them and there return in the search, and can open them from there.

Is there a fix I can't Add any new pages, or edit the missing ones

version 1.7.2

I have recreated this site three times and has happened each time once you start adding pages ect, but works as the start, I have tried different themes, no change

Thanks
Developer
Feb 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM
If you have repro steps, please file a bug and it will be looked into. Thanks!