Can't publish module with Orchard 1.7.2 (Vandelay Industries)

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Jan 29, 2014 at 4:49 AM
My problem:
  • I get Orchard 1.7.2 source and install it (remote MSSQL DB)
  • Then I download Vandelay Industries module via Gallery to my localhost Orchard.
  • After this I enable some sub-modules of this module, which add menues and features to dashboard on my localhost.
  • And I see, that on localhost everything works fine: some new menues were added to dashboard.
  • Then I publish Orchard to website via VS2013 or ClickToBuild. No matter how I publish, the result is one: there are no any new menues in the dashboard on the published site. I can see this module in the admin panen. i can turn it enabled or disabled. But I can't see a menu or navigate into it through url like i can do in localhost.
Something goes wrong with publish or something I don't know. Google or orchard manual can't help me.

PS:
orchard: Orchard 1.7.2 Source
module: Vandelay Industries v1.7
example sub-module: Favicon
additional menu in dashboard which: "Favicon" (under "Settings" section)
Feb 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM
The reason is that this new module is not in the solution file.
Marked as answer by SergeyShabanov on 2/12/2014 at 1:31 AM
Aug 11, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Hi Sergey,

Could you please clarify how you solved this issue? Unfortunately, I am having the same issue.
Aug 11, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Include the module in your solution (right click the modules folder, select add->add existing project->select the project you downloaded) before you publish, otherwise it won't be included in the published files.
Aug 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I have done that, and it still wasn't getting published. Another solution I found was to add the module as one of Orchard.Web's project dependencies.

right click Orchard.Web > Project Dependencies... then tick the modules that were added.