Cloning Images in the Media Library

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard
Developer
Jan 25, 2014 at 9:04 PM
I need users to be able to create a duplicate of an image in the Library before they edit an image with the editor.

I'm not sure if it would be better to have a Clone button in the Media Library, or a Save As in the Image Editor. Thoughts?

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:19 PM
May be idea would be to have a different 'dev' folder, filling it with work material
Developer
Jan 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I dont understand how that solves the problem, I need to be able to clone an image...
Jan 26, 2014 at 12:43 AM
I would like to put in a request for the addition of a new button to the Add Media>Media Library>Show module: Insert into Gallery. This would fit nicely between the existing Insert into Post button and the Use as featured image link. Please consider.
Appreciated
Developer
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I tried to understand both of you, I couldn't figure out what either of you are saying.
Developer
Jan 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM
I created an issue and sent in a pull request.

Issue 20453

Pull Request

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Sorry I have been busy and had no time to explain my point.
1) Yes it could be interesting to clone images.
2) But when you do this it means that you want to keep the original version and create various evolutions, my though was to have either a backup folder keeping unmodified versions, or to have a temporary folder where should go the temporary try.
And there is also the Draft/Published story on content items....
May be over complicated :)

(Actually when I do a publish using vs2013, if I don't care it takes all my dev machine Media folder content, empties the Azure VM Media folder where is running Orchard and copy my dev media files there. That's a very annoying problem and may be the reason why I was thinking of an Orchard way to backup media content in prod. Il like the media library but when physical files don't correspond to Media content items, its messy.)