Does Orchard support multiple blogs with multiple authors?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard
Jan 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM
We want to migrate our community blogs site from Community Server to an open source alternative.

For that we need to support multiple blogs with multiple authors and allow each blog owner to administrate/configure her/his blog.

Is this possible with Orchard?

Paulo Morgado
Jan 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Yes, it is. However maybe not in a way you'd like, please elaborate.
Jan 24, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I'm almost at the point the if it's possible, I like it. :)

Think or

That's what I'm looking for.
Jan 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Well although this is entirely possible with Orchard probably you'll have to write some code.

Orchard gives you blogs out of the box (but behind it really a very flexible and extensible content model where some pieces were glued together to provide a blog too). There is user management with fine-grained permission management and access control too; also a very powerful engine to list content items in any arbitrary way (the Projector module), not to mention that it contains a simpler tagging engine and a more complex hierarchical categorization engine (Taxonomies). On top of that Orchard gives you complete control over the markup.

So I certainly think there is nothing Orchard misses here (but I'm cheating: Orchard is not only a CMS but a framework too; that means that if it won't limit you to implement whatever you want, even if there's something not already done :-)) but the devil is in the detail as they say: you'll need some time to do the finer customizations you need to make Orchard look exactly as you wish.
Jan 24, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Thanks for your answer.

So, theoretically, it could be done but you don't know if anyone ever did it, right?
Jan 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Feb 19, 2014 at 4:30 AM
If you wanted to implement, I'm pretty sure you'd be wise to use multi-tenancy.