Admin Content Search

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Jan 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM
I enabled the content searching module for admins and I get this validation error. Any suggestions?

Invalid search query: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: paths
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Under Settings -> Search in Admin you need to seletct a index to search on.
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM
The only option was to select Media index. I want to be able to search page titles in the Admin Content Search. I tried trying to disable and reinstall the search and index features. Now I get this message "You need to enable an index implementation module like Lucene." despite the fact the module IS enabled.
Jan 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Yes, Lucene needs to be enabled as that will be needed for the indexing, not sure why you still having the disabled error. You need to create a new index under Settinges -> Indexes, which will be there once Lucene is enabled and choose the content types and you wish to search. Remember to mark the fields you wish to index in the Content Type Definitions screen. Lucene is a seperate module, if you look at the link below:
http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Search-and-indexing
Marked as answer by runshoe on 1/20/2014 at 2:20 PM
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I got Lucene working again by copying the module directory from my backup. Installing and Enabeling from the Gallary would display the message "You need to enable an index implementation module like Lucene."

I created an index "Content". I found that I can select Pages (from Content Definition) to be in the "Content" index. The index is still empty because I cannot find how to add fields. The only option I was given was to name the index.
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Ok, after some time it produced the fields and started working. Thanks.