List of content fields

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Dec 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM
I have a Product content type, this type needs to have a specification which should be rendered as a list. Is is possible to add a content field which is actually a list of text field? I want user is able to enter one specification at a time. Something like this:

Product 1
  • Specifications
    --- Specification 1
    --- Specification 2
If really no module/ workaround available, I guess I'll have to create a custom content part in code, but it's only the last option
Dec 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Perhaps Taxonomies can help you here?
For example, you could create a Taxonomy called "Specifications", then attach a TaxonomyField to your product type.
You can then create some terms (specifications) yourself, which the user can select.
Alternatively, you could attach a TextField to your product type and configure it to render as a textarea, so that the user can specify one specification per line.
Dec 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Thanks for your reply
Taxonomies doesn't help much in my situation because the specification is entered by user, not a fixed set of specification
In the end I do something similar to your 2nd suggestion, I add a text field with html flavour, and let them enter list in html by themselves. Although not very user friendly but it should work
Many thanks
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Well, actually you can configure your taxonomy field to be an autocomplete field and to let the user create new terms on the fly.