custom (contact) form stores just null values in the database

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I've followed Sebastien's tutorial to create a simple contact form, just added a recaptcha part and used it as a widget in a page (but it doesn't work stand-alone as well).
Validation etc. seems to be working fine, After-Submit message is shown, redirect works, just the values stored are always null (screenie from Orchard_Projections_StringFieldIndexRecord). Nothing related in the log. Have tried to delete all components and started from the beginning but with the same result. Site is available here if that helps.

Ideas? Thanks!
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
There was a bug fix recently in Custom Forms. The bug prevented from being stored under certain conditions. Perhaps it's the same issue.
What version of Orchard are you using, and could you try downloading the latest version that is in the 1.7x or 1.x branch and see if you can reproduce the issue there?
Please let us know. Thanks.
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I'm on 1.7.2 currently.
I was planning to do the upgrade to 1.8 as soon as it's released, but don't like experimenting with 1.x in production, so maybe I'll have some spare time over the holidays to set up a test environment based on the current 1.x branch, will post here again when I've tried it.
Thanks anyway!
Dec 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM
That's what holidays are for, right? ;)
Thanks for trying!
Dec 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Did it: current 1.x branch works fine with custom forms.
So I'm looking forward to 1.8, keep it going ;)