Item Specific Secondary Menu

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Dec 17, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Hello Orchard gurus)
Working on my first Orchard project and as a beginner a have an issue here, that I can’t figure out how to solve. Do you think you can give me a tip.

The problem is as follows:
A website consists of multiple user profiles (content items of content type Person). Each person has a photo-gallery, biography page, contact info page etc. What I need to do is - when selecting a concrete person from main menu and displaying his main page I need to generate somewhere on this page another menu with links to this person’s photogallery, bio, contacts etc. Do you think this is possible with standard Orchard functionality? Here is a link to the image (shared on Skydrive) to make my problem more clear:
http://sdrv.ms/1kPiIC6
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I'd make each person a taxonomy term in a new taxonomy called "people". Then I'd create the galleries, bios, etc. as content items of types that have the people taxonomy field attached. Then, generating that secondary menu is just a question of making a projection over the taxonomy term.
Dec 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Well. That's a solution. Some problems arize however. There should be a possibility to add/remove People from admin panel. So, can it be done, that when creating a Content Item of type Person a new corresponded Taxonomy term is also created and added to "people" taxonomy?
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2013 at 2:42 AM
People are taxonomy terms, so you can add and remove them, of course. Taxonomy terms are content items...
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Well, currently i have to do it in two steps:
  1. Add new Content Item of type Person
  2. Add a new taxonomy term from this newly created content item
What I want to achieve is: when creating a new content item of type Person a new taxonomy term for this person is created automatically (without going to Taxonomy Menu in admin panel).
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM
That doesn't make sense: the person is the term, they are not distinct entities. What you do is create a new term, and that's your person content item.
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Think there is some misunderstanding here:
Person in my case is a content type (contains some info about person, his picture, etc.). There are several items of this type - concrete persons.
Then there is a taxonomy named People, that should contain term for each content item of Type Person.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:53 AM
A taxonomy is a content type so there is no contradiction. Your taxonomy and your person content type should be one and the same, as I've been saying all along.
Dec 19, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Got it finally. Thanks for help and patience.