Incomplete Deployment of Orchard to Windows Azure Website

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Dec 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I have downloaded and installed the Orchard source. 1.7.1. I have built two custom Modules, based on a database hosted on Windows Azure. Everything runs fine locally (using the remote db), but I just published the solution (from VS 2012) to an Azure website (not service), and none of my modules were pushed up.

One thing that I noticed is "publish" is associated with Orchard.Web, not with the Orchard Solution. Is this right? Is this why neither of my modules were seen and published? If so, how do I correct the situation so that my modules correctly deploy?

Thanks.
Developer
Dec 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
A few things to check:
  • Make sure your modules are added to the solution you have open when publishing.
  • Make sure your modules are built, either by doing a Build Solution before you publish, or by adding them as project dependencies from Orchard.Web.
  • Make sure your modules reside in the correct location on disk, i.e. under Ochard.Web/Modules.
With that, if you publish Orchard.Web to an Azure Web Site, your modules should be included. And yes, the publish should be done at the Orchard.Web level, not the solution level.