Anyways to split the Orchard Infrastruc​ture layouts in Visual Studio?

Topics: General
Nov 22, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Right now I have two teams. Enterprise Framework Team that would extend and build Enterprise Orchard Modules, and Product Team that would build Product specific Orchard Module, consuming the extended Orchard Module.

Is there anyway to move a custom module outside of the Orchard.Web\src\Modules folder ?
Developer
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:06 PM
It looks like there is a way by implementing IExtensionFolders (look at existing implementations to see how Modules, Themes and Core modules are found).
I haven't tried this, so not sure if something else is required.
Developer
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Or do you mean to simply restructure the Orchard Solution file? In that case, simply create Solution folders and move your modules there. The modules should physically reside in the Modules folder.
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM
sfmskywalker wrote:
It looks like there is a way by implementing IExtensionFolders (look at existing implementations to see how Modules, Themes and Core modules are found).
I haven't tried this, so not sure if something else is required.
This is the option I want. Not via Solution Folders.. Ideally, the consumer (Product Team) should only be getting the Module as a dll.
Developer
Nov 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Ok, I would be curious to learn if you manage to get that to work. Regarding a module as a single DLL, that should be possible, but it requires you to embed all resources as part of it, such as Razor views, CSS, images and scripts, and provide a way to load those assets, for example through a HTTP handler. Orchard provides support to none of this out of the box as far as I know.