Question About Orchard- Evaluating As Replacement For File System

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I'm evaluating orchard as a replacement for a file system that is doing something similar.

I've only played with the system for a little bit but I like what I see. Here's some questions I have:
  1. Is there a way to change the title of a page, without having to dig into .cshtml files? I'm a developer so I can do this but the users of this system will need to update items in orchard without knowing the developer details.
  2. Is there a way to use orchard pages as templates, raw html rather than having a header and footer?
  3. Can I use orchard as a multitenant CDN for HTML and Images?
If I have to dig into the framework that's ok but I'm looking for something that is easy for BA's, Product Owners and Designers to use in order to update HTML with images for consumption via other API's. Ideally for sending HTML enabled emails and other messages. Is this something Orchard can do, mostly?
Nov 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  1. Yes, the Page content type by default has the TitlePart attached, enabling users to change the title of each Page content item (or any type of content that has the TitlePart attached).
  2. Yes, the entire HTML output is customizable. One way is to use a Layout shape alternate that only renders the Content zone for example. Alternatively you could create a theme dedicated to rendering raw HTML of the content items. The best way depends on the specific requirements.
  3. I don't see why not, but then again I don't know much about CDN.