Orchard Module

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 13, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Hi All,

We are going to be using Orchard CMS for one of our company websites that I am developing. I have gone through the dojo tutorials to get up to speed on this but I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone can help me with.
  1. I am looking at creating our website in Orchard CMS as a module because that seems to me the best way for this project. My question is if I create this site as a module how can the front end users get to the page context in the CMS to change it?
  2. Because a portion of the page will be dynamically built using a web service to retrieve the data what is the best option for this?
Thanks for your help in advance. I am certainly a probe at orchard as I just started learning this week.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Can you clarify what you want your users to be able to do? What users are we talking about? Anonymous users? Authenticated users? What do you mean by "page context"? In what way should they be able to change that context?
To retrieve contents from web service, the best is probably to build a custom part whose driver will do the querying. You'll want to cache what you can, as this will slow down your site.