External dlls with satellite assemblies

Topics: Localization
Nov 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I am using some external third party libraries in my Orchard module. These libraries have resource files for globalization. I am accessing those strings in my module through the ResourceManager .
When i build the module all the satellite assemblies are created properly, but Orchard is not copying the satellite assemblies to the folder "App_Data\Dependencies", it is only copying the regular dlls. This is resulting English text always, even when browsing the site in a different culture/language.

Is there any work around for this? or do I have to convert all the resource file from the libraries into PO files for Orchard?

Thank you for any help in advance.
Nov 6, 2013 at 5:21 AM
I don't think the compilation subsystem in Orchard knows what to do with satellite assemblies.
Nov 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Is there a way to intercept the process of copying the latest dlls to "App_Data\Dependencies" by Orchard?
Feb 13, 2014 at 5:13 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Is there any way to accomplish this ? I have the same issue. I am basically trying to use Resx files for Data Attributes but they don't get loaded. I looked and found out that eventhough I change the CurrentThreadCulture in my culture picker, when I get to the driver the CurrentThreadCulture is changed back to en-US.