This project is read-only.

After upgrade to 1.7.1, search & indexing no longer working

Topics: General
Oct 24, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Has anyone had any issues with search after upgrading to the latest version? After the upgrade I noticed some issues so I deleted my index and made sure it was purged from the filesystem. Then I created a new index but it shows zero documents. As there are no settings for the index in the admin, I tried adding fields to the search configuration for the index, but it doesn't give me any fields to pick from.

Both search & the index admin pages show zero fields and zero documents in the index, even after manually rebuilding.

Anyone else noticed this? Not seeing much in my searches... hoping there was an easy "did you do this" before I start poking around in the code to see where the issue might be founded.
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
it is working , search on this forum, it changed from 1.7.
u should create index first , for example, "search"
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I've searched the forum and can't find anything related when using the terms "1.7 search".

What I did was disable the search module first. Verifying I have the Lucene & Index modules enabled, I then created an index. I then click REBUILD to get it to build the index but it has zero documents and keeps saying there are No Fields. I can't figure how how to get the fields added and get some content indexed.
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
If you haven't created the index named 'search', you can go in the Modules page and then in the Recipes tab and then run the Recipe 'Search'.

Then, check in the definition of your content types if they are well indexed in this index.
Oct 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Got it... now it's working. Wasn't aware there was a recipie nor that the index needed to be named "search"