Strange behaviour when cleaning up the 'Media' folders

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Triggered by the new 'MediaLibraryPicker' business I want to cleanup/rearrange my Media folder! I wanted to do this from 'scratch' i.e. with an empty Media folder and reload all my media into freshly created folders with a fresh import !

what did I do:
  • I deleted the old Media folder and copied a new one from a fresh 'Orchard.web.zip' (codeplex)
Now, when I open 'Media' I see only the 'Recent' folder with 7 images with NO content BUT names which I have used earlier in my WEB site! When checking the folder in w-explorer there are NO images loaded at all (i.e. there is only an empty Media\Default folder there; the Media folder carries the web.config and the logo)!

It seems that there is somewhere a 'cashe' which still loads 'something'; ALL my Orchard cash modules are 'disabled'!
I also deleted the IE-Explorer files!
I even deleted the 'Orchard_MediaLibrary_MediaPartRecord' records in .sdf. After checking this record type again:7 images are shown BUT all fields NULL!

Questions:
  • what would be the correct procedure to do 'my cleanup'?
your time and any hints are appreciated
ed
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
well after some fiddling I got what I wanted ....

... although my table 'Orchard_MediaLibrary_MediaPartRecord' contains tons of records with all NULL! ... besides the correct ones!

after deleting all the NULL records ... it still works! I consider the thread closed
ed