Admin Themes

Topics: Writing themes
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Hi all, first time post here,
Hey I just wanted to ask will we be able to install/create our own custom admin themes (like Drupal), I can see that currently its not possible but is such feature planned in the near future?
If the orchard team is not planning to create this then I would like to work on it on my own
  • Thanks
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM
It has always been possible. All you have to do is to include an implementation of IThemeSelector that gives the theme higher priority than the built-in one.
Oct 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Thanks for your help Bertrand,
When you said that has always been possible I thought then probably people have already done that so I searched the forum and found this https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/258854 (yeah I should have done that earlier) anyways it was quite useful ok I have a module with an implementation of IThemeSelector and a theme MyAdminTheme, ok my admin theme is not based on 'TheAdmin' I wanted something looking completely different, anyways Now I have a index.cshtml file under the Views/Dashboard/Admin folder it is being used (I confirmed it by keeping it blank) however if I keep it blank the menu with (New, Blog Queries etc is still being shown) which means index.cshtml is not the one responsible for displaying it, now what I want is I want to customize that menu as well I want all the menus to appear on the top horizontally with dropdowns,
so my question is which file i need to create/customize in my theme to change the look of the menues.