How do I create a query to return terms that are descendents of an ancestor term in a taxonomy?

Topics: Core
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Is it posible to define a query filter that allows me to filter the descendents terms of an ancestor term in a taxonomy? It would posible to choose de degree of relation between the parent and his sons (1 degree, 2 degrees ...). Is it posible to get for each term its children in a hierarchical data structure?

The point is I have families, subfamilies and subsubfamilies. In my site I want to show families with their subfamilies grouped by family. As I do in this page which still is not based in Orchard: . The point is I want to obtain same result using Orchard taxonomies, queries, proyections and my content type product.

Do you think is there a way of getting in a lazy way direct descendants of a family/subfamily or subsubfamily for the result of a query based on a taxonomy? Or the only way of doing what I want is to use content types family, subfamily, subsubfamily and setting relations between them instead of using a taxonomy.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Sorry for this question, it has no sense it was a description of the problem that was facing a non-english speaker in my team that I didn't validate.
However, now I have checked myself how taxonomies work and I don't get why we need what I asked previously. In fact, with the model returned when a taxonomy is accessed is more than enough to draw a page like this one in Orchard.

Marked as answer by jersiovic on 10/13/2013 at 11:03 AM