The workflow needs at least one activity to be set as a starting state.

Topics: Troubleshooting
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
In workflow I create activity 'custom form submitted' linked to 'send email'

Warning saying 'The workflow needs at least one activity to be set as a starting state'

The first activity is someone submitting a webform - what should be the starting state?

Forms submits but no email sent??
<p>Website enquiry details below:</p> <ul> <li>Name: {Content.Fields.ContactForm.Name}</li> <li>Phone/Mobile: {Content.Fields.ContactForm.PhoneMobile}</li> <li>Email: {Content.Fields.ContactForm.Email}</li> </ul> <p>Message:</p> <p>{Content.Fields.ContactForm.Message}</p>
Oct 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
So select that form submission activity, click on the button that looks like an on/off button, and save.
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Thank you - I completely overlooked the power button.

The workflows are very slick! A vast improvement on rules - site fully migrated to 1.7.1 now thanks
Jun 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I had the similar problem. Did exactly the same thing as Bertrand said and that warning message disappeared. But still not getting any email.

I have a Comment module in my project which I want to be able to send email when any comment is added (published). Because all comments are getting published immediately I am thinking that emails will also go out at once. Please see the attached images:

Sorry for adding a different question. How can I make a comment to be in non-published state by default?

Please help!

Subrata Sarkar