where are all base components from?

Topics: Core
Sep 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Hi all,
We're starting development of an application which will need allot of core components like localization, logging, command window, tasks, and so on and so on. I was wondering if all components used in Orchard have a source? The orchard components are all quite integrated, I'd like to be able to start using one part of it without having to make a host, a shell, a tenant, ....
maybe these parts like localization are available as an open source project as a standalone?
Sep 30, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Everything is there in Orchard repository. There are no standalone projects - you need to get the full source first.
The core things are kept in Orchard.Framework project. You can copy any part of the code and use it wherever you want.

Orchard by design needs to run some shell context so you'd be able to use the dependency injection etc. I don't quite get the scenario - could you say what do you want to achieve?
Oct 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Hi Pjotr, I was hoping there were some core components which were converted from other public libraries which do not include the using of the host and shell stuff. I think I don't want that complexity in my application architecture since I don't need that flexibility.
Grts Peter Derwa
Oct 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Hey Pjotr,
are there any videos on the core architecture?