Projection of users blank when not logged in

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Sep 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm trying to create a site users page with Orchard, that displays a list of users.

I've installed the profile module and I have a projection that shows a list of users that have ticked a field saying show me publicly.

I can see this list of users when I'm logged in to the site, but the list is blank when I'm not logged in.

I think there must be a permission that is needed to view users, but I can't work out what it is. I can't find anything obvious like 'View users'.

Is this a permission problem and if it is, what permission do I need to give the anonymous role to make this work?
Sep 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM
There is a problem with OutputCache module in version 1.7. Not with users, but I had problems listing things, or getting JSON responses when not authenticated. If it's applicable to your site, you might try disabling OutputCache module.

The bug (or several bugs according to release notes) in OutputCache is supposed to be fixed in 1.7.1, I haven't tested my case yet.

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I still get this problem when OutputCache is disabled, so it must be something else. Thanks for the suggestion.
Sep 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
It wasn't the OutputCache module, but you pushed me to upgrade to 1.7.1 and that seems to have fixed it. Thank you!