Orchard 1.7.1 api documentation

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Sep 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Hello, I think API documentation is helpful so I generated some and threw it up on my own hosting space. Hope it's helpful to others as well.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM
That's nice! How do you see this evolving? Can you demo that at the meeting next week?
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Edited Sep 20, 2013 at 2:14 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure how I see it evolving. I created it using Doxygen and Graphviz because often API documentation can be really helpful. As future versions of Orchard are released, I anticipate updating the documentation accordingly.

I think it would be really helpful if comments, examples, and descriptions could be added to relevant pages. Currently the output of Doxygen with the configuration I used (most of the bells and whistles) is about 39k static files. Integrating Doxygen output into something users can contribute to might be nice.

I think community contributions tightly coupled to the API documentation might be a developer's fantasy :)
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I think it really helps to see the results, and showing it at the weekly meeting could motivate people to start contributing inline doc comments where it matters most.
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I'd be happy to show it off at the next meeting :)
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM