Customizing layout markup in OrcharCMS

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Sep 15, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I've several question regarding customization of Orchard CMS:
In order to implement custom design to Orchard CMS, I need to control layout markup:
e.g I need to wrap divs
<div id="layout-navigation"...
<div_id="layout-main-container"...
into another div element.
How can I make it?

Second question is regarding user login form of Orchard CMS. I'd like to create somekind of popup windows for input login/password, and also need to move:
 <div class="user-display"
from footer's div to another part of page. It placement info file supposed to be used for this goal?

Thanks.
Developer
Sep 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Regarding your first question, see the answer to the same question posted by you on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18816473/implementing-a-sticky-footer-in-orchard-cms.

Regarding your second question, I think the easiest way to implement that is by writing a module with a controller that you invoke using AJAX.
The controller would have an action that returns the view for the popup, and a postback action to process the credentials.

Alternatively, you would use AJAX to request the login view from Orchard.Users, and use jQuery to select the HTML element that you want to render as part of your popup. The HTML returned by the Orchard.Users' AccountController can be overridden by your theme, so you will have full control over how it looks without having to write your own controller. I haven't exactly done this myself, so there may be roadblocks that I'm not aware of, but you should most definitely try, and fallback to writing your own controller if there's no way around it.
Sep 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
sfmskywalker wrote:
Regarding your first question, see the answer to the same question posted by you on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18816473/implementing-a-sticky-footer-in-orchard-cms.

Regarding your second question, I think the easiest way to implement that is by writing a module with a controller that you invoke using AJAX.
The controller would have an action that returns the view for the popup, and a postback action to process the credentials.

Alternatively, you would use AJAX to request the login view from Orchard.Users, and use jQuery to select the HTML element that you want to render as part of your popup. The HTML returned by the Orchard.Users' AccountController can be overridden by your theme, so you will have full control over how it looks without having to write your own controller. I haven't exactly done this myself, so there may be roadblocks that I'm not aware of, but you should most definitely try, and fallback to writing your own controller if there's no way around it.
Thanks, I've really asked that question on SO too. Hope google will index it and futher questions will find those answer.

Can you please also explain how can I move "user-display" to header for example via placement.info?