URL Host for top level tenent

Topics: General
Sep 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Hi,

The ShellSettings object has a property called RequestUrlHost. For tenants this value is set (as this is filled in on the add tenant page).

Is there any way of obtaining the host value from the default tenant (the top level). This value appears to be null.

I am constructing a module which will make creating tenants far easier (for end users) and am able to obtain all the required values except for the RequestUrlHost.

I can check the Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"] but the Request object is not available from my service class (or am I wrong?)
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
You should be able to list all the tenants using the ShellSettingsManager, and then look for the one called "Default"
Sep 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
That's cool and I have been able to achieve querying for this tenant. However, when I check the ShellSettingsManager information, the RequestHostUrl is null. Is this host information available anywhere else?

As mentioned in my original post, I could use the Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"] but the Request object is not available from my service class.