The resource cannot be found (occurs after setting up new site in Microsoft Azure)

Topics: General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Sep 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I keep getting this error whenever I setup a new orchard site in Microsoft Azure. The setup screen loads fine (pick username, type in password, choose database etc). but then it redirects to this error page.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Which offer ? free, shared, standard ?
From the azure gallery or publishing from your local PC ?
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I don't know what you mean by free, shared, standard. Are you talking about the azure setting here?

In addition nothing in the error log. I don't think logging works with Azure correctly.

Settings.txt file exist in azure no issue there. In SQL Azure it made two records in tables: Orchard_Framework_ContentItemVersionRecord and Orchard_Framework_ContentItemRecord so it is able to access database correctly.

Maybe this is just a receipe error. I can't really debug it because I have no error information to share. Just frustrating. Is there something special you need to do to get logging to work with Azure.
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I can access the "/Admin" page. It just errors out when I try to access the home page "/"
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM
What recipe did you use?