Unacknowledged Pull Request to the Orchard Docs

Topics: General
Aug 27, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Hi there,

About a month ago I made a pull request to the Orchard Docs. No one has acknowledge the pull request and I am wondering what that is about. Here is a link to the branch.

https://github.com/bigfont/OrchardDoc/tree/publish2azure

I would like to contribute to the Orchard Project and am not sure how to proceed. Could you please let me know what are the appropriate next steps. That way I can start to contribute in a way that works for the project.

Cheers,
Shaun
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Hi Shaun, and thanks for contributing to docs and for reaching out. You've done everything perfectly right. Documentation is currently between owners, which explains in part why this hasn't been taken care of yet. The second half of the explanation is that there are concerns that this new topic can introduce confusion with the existing Azure topic. The proposed solution was to merge both articles. From here, we could do two things: wait until the new documentation owner is decided, and he has time to do that merge, or you could create a second pull request with this yourself. If you do that, I will merge the pull request in myself.
I hate to give you more work on your contribution but I have little choice right now, I hope you'll understand. I do hope in any case that you keep contributions coming. They are always appreciated.
Aug 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the candid reply.

I will do a second pull request that merges both articles.

I don't mind more work on the contribution, because it's meaningful for me to be involved in the Orchard project and to learn its technology.

Cheers,
Shaun
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Thank you so much!
Aug 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Hi Bertrand,

I made another pull request but it might not have worked, because GitHub told me there is already a pending pull request. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Shaun
Aug 31, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Hi again Bertrand,

I made another branch and did a pull request from it. That worked. It is here:

https://github.com/OrchardCMS/OrchardDoc/pull/53

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Shaun
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Thanks. I took the pull request.
Aug 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
You're welcome. I will make some more pull requests in the next few days and weeks.