Navigation widgets

Topics: Administration
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Hi

This is my first Orchard implementation. I have spent a number of weeks learning Orchard and understanding the key concepts. I have gone through the Pluralsight courses but have not been able to find the solution to this one issue. I am hoping that someone would be able to help me as once complete this would fulfill all my requirements.

The issue is that I have a hierarchical menu. Lets say

Home
About Us
-> About the company
-> What we do
-> Other Pages
Section 2
-> Page One
-> Page 2

So lets say if the user jumps to "About the company" page. I would like to render the section menu in the content section i.e. Everything under "About Us".
I can achieve this by creating another menu and placing that in the zone but I dont think this is the right way.

I tried adding tags to the menuItems and then created a query which says "has tagitems" but the query is not working. I have also tried the Category field and tried to filter by that and that didnt work.

Could someone please point out some instructions on how I could go about achieving this without manually creating duplicate menus?

Many thanks
Regards
Amar
Aug 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Anyone?
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
If the navigation widget doesn't allow for your scenario, you may have to build your own widget.