Use Media Storage view as content picker?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Nederlands (Dutch), Writing modules
Aug 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I used the Media Picker in v1.6 for a custom module to let a contentmanager select documents (like PDFs) in the media storage. I upgraded to the new media library picker in v1.7, but the new media library picker hides the title on normal/small screens so he can not see the name of the documents. He has to click every document and view the properties to see the name. With more than 100 documents it is not a nice job.

Is it possible to use the Media Storage view to let a user select a document in the media storage from a custom module? Or another solution?
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Maybe the css could be fixed. There must be a rule based on media queries which does that. Try to fix it, and if you can share the solution so we can include it.
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I changed two lines on the bottom of the css 'orchard-medialibrary-admin.css' from 'display:none' to a new top value. Now I can still read the title in smaller screens.

@media (max-width: 1419px) { 
   .media-library-main-list-overlay {
        /*display: none;*/
       top: 70px;
    }
}

@media (max-width: 1190px) { 
    .media-library-main-list-overlay {
        /*display: none;*/
        top: 35px;
    }
}
Aug 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I want to override the style in the media galery picker in my page and not change the Orchard source. I added the style sheet to my page with an !important priority but the styles are not applied. I think because the media library picker is located in an iframe. Does anybody know how to override the styles in the media library picker?