Script reference is not showing in Page source

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard
Aug 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I have added a script reference to one of the Layout files I have in the following way:
<script type="text/javascript" src="@Href("~/Themes/Intrust/js/infinitescroll.js")"></script>. But when I am running the page I cannot see the file reference in Page source.

I am using a custom theme. The custom module is configured in VS2012 separately and being complied for any change in code. The entire repository is tied with Github though. However, I modified the cshtml page from WebMatrix.

Being a newbie to Orchard I am seeking for expert help to understand my mistake.

Edit: When I am committing to Git, I have noticed that the Layout_Questions.cshtml file was not in the list. I am not sure, but is this because the bondage between the repository and the project has somehow been broken?!

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM
In your theme create a folder named Scripts and inside it put your javascript files.
In the Views you insert the scripts like this:
        Script.Include(nameOfTheFile.js).AtHead();  // if you want to load the script in the head.
        Script.Include(nameOfTheFile.js).AtFoot();  //  if you want to load the script in the end of the page.
About git problem, run one of those gui tools like SourceTree or GitExtensions, and try to add the file.
But has an advice, i recommend that you work in the same develoment environment eg Visual Studio or WebMatrix.
If you are doing module development, definetly go for Visual Studio.
Aug 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Seems to be working well. Thank you!