Guidance requested: Custom module needs a RSS feed, but with custom attributes

Topics: Writing modules
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm in the final stages of an early release of a custom module "Podcasts" (http://orchardpodcasts.codeplex.com) that enables hosting a podcast on Orchard. Much of it is modeled on how the Blogs module works.

I'm at the point where I need to add RSS feeds. I specifically need to create a custom feed. A standard RSS feed works, but I need to add extra data such as the rating and enclosure details. Not sure how to go about customizing the RSS feed & haven't found much in the forum / documentation / my searches.

Ideally I'd also like to have it respect the FeedDemon override from the Vandalay Industries modules.

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I hadn't, but now I have :)

Looks like I need to create my own implementation of IFeedItemBuilder in my project and register it accordingly, however I'm not sure where this (the registration of my builder) should happen. I've successfully added the feed to my module's pages.

Should it be added when I register the feeds? For instance I created the same FeedManager extension method that exists in the Blogs module so I can pass my PodcastPart into the registration (like Blogs passes in BlogPart).

Another way of asking it... "How do I get my implementation of IFeedItemBuilder or IFeedBuilder to run instead of CorePartsFeedItemBuilder" ?
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
That I don't know, sorry.