Browser based specs / acceptance tests

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Jul 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
We've been working with Orchard for two years now, trying to implement Specification by Example as best as possible. Unfortunately, the whole process of developing and test execution is rather a pain than a pleasure. More on the problems we're facing here: What's Wrong With Our Specification By Example Tests.

In this thread I'm looking for success stories of spec testing that we can learn from. Does anybody else do it? How, what tools do you use? What's your experience?

Would be happy to hear we're not alone with this.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM
If you look at the Specs solution folder, you'll find an answer to most of your questions.
Developer
Jul 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Hi oliver

As Bertrand mentions, the ones in the spec's folder are one way to do it.

However, I tend to also use Specflow and Coypu (mainly because I work with the guy who wrote (Adrian Longley) it and also have contributed to its code base).

I would be interested in finding out how you are implementing Coypu, I have seen the API it provides used in different ways and that test fragility normally occurs when its implemented wrong or its just misunderstood (I am not saying this is the case here) - Also certain methods are faster than others.

Also the timeout issue you mention is can be easily fixed with the options it provides.

Nick