Create module dialog form wizard

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Edited Jul 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Hi, currently I want to try to create a wizard form in modal dialog. so the process will be :
  1. click link "create"
  2. call the controller from module A and display just the content page without admin menu, header etc.
  3. click next and redirect again to a controller in module B
do you have any idea how to solve this with good orchard way?I have tried using shape result but in my page there will be a form where we will submit something but with if I using shape result then we will have a dynamic object.
I have tried also with partialview but I couldnt using Script.Require.
Thank you in advance.
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I don't understand how this is a problem: "in my page there will be a form where we will submit something but with if I using shape result then we will have a dynamic object"
Jul 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
actually I am new in orchard so I'm confused how to save the dynamic object from shape into custom controller. the example I got is save the data from shape into driver itself, for example :
updater.TryUpdateModel(part, Prefix, null, null);

and do you have any suggestion or example how to load just the content without header and footer and left menu in admin section with modal dialog box?
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM
The shape template can render form fields that can then be mapped by the MVC model binding to a strongly-typed object that you pass into TryUpdateModel.

Your second question seems entirely unrelated so should probably be a separate thread.
Jul 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
thank you for the answer, I have created again another thread as you suggested https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/450887