One navigation element is missing in Chrome

Topics: General
Jul 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Trying to create my own Theme in Orchard I had this strange problem. I have a tabbed navigation in the top section of my site which is basically configured by my site.css on the standard navigation widget.

So it looks fine in Firefox and on IE 10 and 9 but on Chrome there is something strange going on. First of the tabs or off by a few pixels. They are like 3 pixels lower which of course throws off the tabbed look. But that's only a small part of the problem. A navigation element is missing. At first it was the home tab, then when I deleted the home page and recreated and set it first in navigation again then it was the About us tab that was missing.

They appear fine in IE and Firefox but on chrome they don't even appear in the source HTML. I'm running the site locally through WebMatrix.

I'm wondering whether something in orchard is not allowing the item to appear or if browser can somehow modify the source Html.
Jul 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM
The pixels issue is most likely a CSS issue.
I would say the same for the HTML issue, but it's hard to say. Yes, Orchard can prevent items from appearing depending on permissions or custom code.
What you could try is set the TheThemeMachine as the default theme and see if you can reproduce the issue.
Jul 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Ok, I think I now what caused the missing TAB. It probably had to do with localization. I added the localization module to be able to add the culturepicker to fit it into my theme. I didn't bother to add another language and I guess Chrome decided that some tabs didn't belong since my local culture wasn't supported or something like that.

The pixel CSS issue however is probably just that. i had assumed that the CSS 3 standardized this over all browsers but I guess there is a difference. That makes it hard to make Tabs based on CSS styling only.