Change and control blog urls

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
Jul 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I have a blog in my site and I want to have the always contain /blog/<post title>

I created a post and it states in the url section that if i leave it blank it will auto format /<blog title>/<post title>, but it does not. It just puts in post title, so I have http:/mydom/<post-title>.

I also tried to set the url in the blog properties, but on clicking save the url is removed.

The only way I have found to do this is manually type in /blog/post title when i create a post. Which is a pain!!

How can I set the URL on every blog post?

What would be totally great is if the url could be auto generated like ~/blog/<year>/<month>/post title - Is that possible?

Thx
Steve
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Thanks, thats great.

How would I go about catching it if the user deletes the post title from the URL and display a list of all posts for the given month? And likewise if they delete the title and month, display posts for the given year?

Thx
Steve
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Blog archives do something like that. Not sure the route would be what you expect necessarily.
Jul 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
hmm...yes, so I see.

If I create a custom route with archive in the URL, then by removing the post title, it loads the Archive page listing posts.

So it seems I just need to force the Archive to show without actually needing Archive in the URL? Change '/archive/' match for '/posts/' match for example?

Any idea where that would be? Is it configurable or hard coded?
Developer
Jul 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM
That looks to be hardcoded. Blogs was written before we had AutoRoute and Tokens. Looks like the Blogs module could use some updates.