Orchard in Azure Gallery Doesn't have Home Page

Topics: Installing Orchard
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I've got a team of people out there becoming familiar with Orchard, creating and destroying Orchard sites and everyone seems to be having the same problem, in multiple regions: No home page.

Creating the Orchard web site, when it's actually provisioned (we've been having a lot of problems with provisioning errors in all regions), is fine. The admin setup page is displayed, however after entering the data and clicking OK there's a 400 error for '/'. Navigating directly to the admin URL works, and from there we can see that there is no content at all, including the home page that is usually present.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour? Any ideas about what's causing it?
- SteveN
Jun 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I thought I'd follow up a bit: the missing home page apparently only happens in the East Asia region, when something can be provisioned.

I'm having some really severe problem in provisioning in all regions. Multiple failures, 'ghost websites' that appear and disappear (though they must somehow be registered in the system, since trying to create a new website with the same name fails telling me so).

I'll investigate, but would appreciate if anyone here could test out provisioning an Orchard website in the east asia region and see if you get the same missing home page I do.

Cheers,
- SteveN
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:30 AM
OK, confirmed that this is always true for East Asia.

Anyone know when 1.7 gets pushed out to the Azure gallery? Who would the defect in 1.6 get reported to? Azure or the Orchard team?
Coordinator
Jun 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Please file a bug with repro steps (click "Issues" above)