Reset the 'Custom Forms' Content Type in Orchard CMS having issues

Topics: Core, General, Installing Orchard
May 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Edited May 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I have mixed up the Content Type Custom Forms default settings. And it seems not usable anymore after some tweaks and settings.

Now it seems that I have to reinstall the orchard as whole. I'm in initial stage of the setup so it is possible for me to start afresh but I wanted to know regarding how to reset the Content Type to default settings using Orchard Command line or any other simpler way.

Please note: There is a question on deleting a Content Type here but it seems that is also not answered yet. From an youtube video here I found to command to enable or disable the modules using command such as 'feature enable <ModuleName>'

But how to reset the Content Type that is still the question.

I have very short timeline for building the things now, and researching is taking too much time.

Hint or Help towards the solution would be kind of you.

Also posted on StackOverflow here
Developer
May 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
The initial state of any content type is having no parts and no settings. Then Migrations and Recipes and Users come in to setup and screw around with the content type. As far as I know there is not "initial state" concept for a content type. However, you can infer the "initial state" by looking at the migrations file in the CustomForms module.

To avoid having to start over again and again, you could maintain a recipe file that you use when setting up your orchard instance. Maintaining a recipe file adds somewhat overhead, but the nice thing is that whenever you mess something up, simply wipe everything in App_Data and setup your site using your recipe.
You can update your recipe file with content type information by using the Import/Export feature and copy & paste the relevant Metadata elements into your recipe file.