Query Link navigation Menu Text

Topics: Customizing Orchard
May 1, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Hello, i would like to add a menu item like "The latest blog post" so i tried to use a Query Link navigation. I selected my query, i selected 1 item to display and typed "The latest blog post" in the Menu Text field. But, it's the title of the blog post that is displayed in the menu and not the content of the Menu Text field. Is there a way to do what i would like to do?
Developer
May 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM
You probably need to create a regular menu item with the "The latest blog post" text, and add a child menu item of type QueryLink.
May 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Ok, so i will have "The latest blog post" and a submenu named with the title of the blog post? Not really what i want. If you could give me some information where i could add the logic to use the information in the menu text field when there is only one item to display i could try to update the module to get what i want.

Thank you!

2013/5/1 sfmskywalker <[email removed]>

You probably need to create a regular menu item with the "The latest blog post" text, and add a child menu item of type QueryLink.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem as you did. I know this discussion is pretty old but I am wondering if you had any luck with it?
Mar 26, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I did not succeed in this task.